Frustration. It’s the feeling you get when shortly after you realize that summer is right around the corner, and you still haven’t started working out like you said you would after the new year. Sure, you might have a busy life, or life might just be getting in the way, but it’s never too late to start. If you have absolutely no idea what a home workout for women should look like, or how to start, there’s no need to worry. The internet is chock full of knowledge that you can use to get yourself going on the right track. Do some research, and soon, you’ll be well on your way to getting that summer body that you’ve always wanted.
There are free workouts everywhere, but you also have the option to purchase a paid program. Both options are great, and either would be a smart decision. But for the purposes of this article, I’ll give you what I think is a great place to start for all you ladies out there.
Home Workout for Women
- The Burpee. Burpees are a great cardiovascular exercise, as well as a resistance exercise. With this one movement, you get the benefits of doing pushups, and improving your cardio. This exercise targets most of your upper body, and your quads.
- Air Squats. Air squats are easy to perform, but a great exercise despite their simplicity. You perform air squats the same way you would a regular squat, but without the weight. You can add weight once you feel the air squat has become too easy. This exercise targets primarily your quads, and glutes.
- Mountain climbers. This is another great cardiovascular, and resistance training exercise. This exercise targets your abs, shoulders, triceps, and oblique’s.
- Hip Raises. This is yet another great exercise for the booty (I know you women love booty exercises). Seriously though, this is a great exercise if you want to get a better-looking derriere.
- Planks are great for training, and toning your abdominal muscles. And again, their extremely easy and simple to perform.
This is a very simple, but comprehensive home workout that you can easily do in the comfort of your own home. It’s simple, so that even a beginner could do it. To get best results, I would recommend doing this workout four times a week, each workout I want you to do four rounds. So at the end of the workout you should have done each exercise four times.
Now, I’m guessing the reason most of you ladies are here, is because you’re not comfortable going to the gym. Am I right? That’s fine. Although going to the gym has a lot of great benefits, it’s entirely possible to get a fantastic workout in, in the comfort of your living room. And the best part is, you don’t need any equipment. Body weight exercises can get you fantastic results, and can help you lose fat, and build muscle.
It doesn’t matter what age you are, if you want to get into great shape at home then you can do so easily. Exercising is a key part to getting healthy, and staying that way. To learn more about some great home workout routines, check out http://www.getrippedathome.org/